Plant Operator - Manufacturing
Deer Park, VIC
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures.
Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Roles
We are absolutely delighted to announce that due to increases in production, we have 3 new opportunities for Plant Operators to join our tight-knit team at our Deer Park Chemical Manufacturing facility. The roles are permanent and will operate on a 3 days per week alternating day/night roster.
Reporting to the Deer Park Site Superintendent, the Plant Operators are responsible for ensuring our products are made and despatched safely, effectively, efficiently and to required standards. This will include operating a wide range of fixed and mobile machinery.
At Orica we encourage genuine career development amongst our people, and can guarantee training and resources for our Plant Operators if they wish to expand their careers into supervisory and management positions.
We are open to a wide range of candidates for the roles, both experienced, and inexperienced. The successful candidates will receive full extensive training and supportas they learn.
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates wishing to embark upon a new stable career with a large global market leading company.
What You Will Be Doing
- Transporting loads including using forklift and bulk transfers;
- Ensuring plant areas and equipment are maintained to operational standards;
- Maintaining accurate material documentation, such as dockets, inventory management systems;
- Assisting our chemists and engineers on new product trial processes;
- Working to meet operational and production plans;
- Identifying ways to improve our safety processes.
- First and foremost - A mindset in which Safety is your number 1 priority;
- A strong and infectuous work ethic;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Basic to itermediate computing skills;
- Results orientated, High level of personal integrity and getting the job done.
- Ability to demonstrate strong adherence to Safe work practices.
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: